Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Magic of Kisses

In the day care that I run, there are sometimes little bumps and boo boos that happen. Today they are cheerfully upending all the toy boxes. I have found my observations on this topic to be true for my own 5 as well though. Inevitably there are a few who trip on what they’ve spilled and need their boo boo’s kissed. Nothing serious, no blood, (Which is a shame really, because if it’s gonna hurt there aughta be Something to show for it!) and each cry or fuss according to their nature. The first-borns seem to be a bit more dramatically while the younger ones in a family seem to shake it off and move on more easily.

In both cases though, they need a kiss before they were able to move on. Who knew that there was magic in kisses? A will give a quick rub, a sympathetic hug, be someone to HEAR of their woes and remind them that they are precious… and that, all powerful, Magic Kiss.

Pow!

All is right with the world!

Yeah, …I love my job.

No comments: