Thursday, December 15, 2011

Re Post from August 2011 BBQ with Mark and Robin

BBQ with Mark and Robin

posted Aug 8, 2011 6:33 AM by Deanna Rittinger

2011-07-23

I just uploaded the pictures I took from when we were at Mark and Robin's house.  It was a good time, with good conversations and a nice way to say goodbye to this phase of their lives.  They've made plans to move to Canton (an apartment with clubhouse privileges and a playground for Mina) which will put Mark closer to where he works.  Less rent, less gas to travel back and forth, and they will soon have their car paid off *yay!*  All around it's a good thing.

This is our final week of summer do-what-you-want vacation.  After that we head out to BBI which is a different kind of do-what-you-want, but when we get back the whole school routine picks up and everyone's life will be run by schedule again.

I'm in the third week of jogging and I've lost 8 pounds (according to the online tracker I'm using, MyFitnessPal) but I'm also courting a knee injury.  I've walked only, not jogged for the last few days and am on a steady diet of Motrin and using ice packs.  No fun... but I'm committed to loosing this weight.  My cholesterol level is scary high and I want to be around to enjoy my grand kids.  Plus, fitting into an outfit where I feel comfortable in tucking in my shirt would be very nice!  

I'm also enjoying the YouVersion online bible study program.  Between the online calorie counter and the online bible study I've got a program, goals and a kind of accountability that is keeping me motivated.  If any of you want to join me in either of these, I think it would be wonderful!

Lastly in my for my note today, I'm plotting out my next novel.  I've told a few of you what it's about and gotten some real positive feedback.  That's cool.  It makes me thrilled to know that you enter into my stories with your attention and excitement.  It an odd sort of way, it seriously feeds me.

I'm not sure why I am so faithful at working on this site.  None of you are reading it.  None of you have used it as a home page or even created your profile page.  I don't know if you are just not interested and don't want to hurt my feelings or if it's just not part of your routines yet.  *sigh*  In any case, it's here for you for when you are ready.
 
12-14-11 Update:
 
It's exciting to me that I've made progress since this entry.  I have 51,000 words written on the novel and to date I've lost 21 pounds. 
 
Mark and Robin are enjoying their new home, and are entering their first winter there.  It's hard having them a bit farther away, we don't see them as much, but It's got to be nice to be able to save so much more in gas.

No comments: