Friday, December 23, 2011

A post nano re read... cut a few scenes

I shouldn't have done it.  I should know better than to look back, but since I had set it down to work on NoteBored stuff, I did look back.  In looking back I deleted a scene or two (having decided to take it in a different direction than what I'd started with).  Result?  What I'd left in because of the crazy word-hungry days of Nano, I cut when I'd re read it.  It's only a few scenes though.  Now it looks like my draft less than it was.  And that's because it is, but I'm back to writing.  And it feels so very good!

The break (nano ending) hit in between the first and second portions of the book.  Though I have it set up as an expected 100,000 word story, I strongly suspect that it will be closer to 150,000.  At least in the first draft -  but we'll see.  So much of it is front loaded with back story right now, the next part might go much faster. 

Oh well.  It's late.  Tomorrow will be full of Christmas eve preparation.  We still have shopping and wrapping and cooking to do.  Just like almost everyone one else out there.

Enjoy your Christmas eve, friend.  Slow down long enough to live in your moments, to set the worries, stress and anxiety down long enough to be there with your loved ones. 

Merry Christmas to all and to all... a good night.

No comments: