Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A view from my shoes

Well, today was a big day for me. Today I tweaked my ideas for a new ad campaign for my business. I created a brochure for near-by businesses to consider leaving my card on their countertop. Since I operate a drop in day care, the village is the perfect place to target my services. This way, parents can leave their kids with me while they do their errands, shopping, visit the gym, get their hair done… whatever. Provided they register with me, and I have space available, this is a win-win situation for all concerned. I need clientele; proprietors need stress-free patrons, parents sometimes need short-term, short-notice, child care.

Also, I sent out another story (A day in the life of a mouse) to Long Story Short, Magazine to see if it will be published or rejected, and if rejected, sent out again to other markets while I keep writing other things. Sometimes it’s hard to stay motivated, but this is something I really want to do with my life, and it seems that I tend to use this journal to rant about it. I don’t know weather to apologize for it or not. It’s good for helping me keep track of what I am doing and all, but it must be a bore to read with every entry.

Oh! And I am so proud of myself… I actually got up early (thanks to a call from a friend), and exercised! If I can, I’d like to keep that going! (honestly though, do you know absolutely any woman who doesn’t wish to be a smaller size?)

Yesterday, I created newsletter templates for all the church functions I am part of (that was fun!) and in between all of this, of course, I am a full time mother. Which reminds me… what will I cook for dinner? Pardon me while I run to the basement to check the freezer…

Frozen Pizza Wins! (My children will be thrilled to hear this actually) But it’s been a long day now that the day care kiddos are gone and I just don’t feel like cooking.

Well, that was a view from my shoes for the day, I hope yours is going as well as mine.

No comments: