Friday, February 18, 2005

Still more plates spinning in the air

Yesterday I spent the larger part of the day online doing research. I was researching property for a business venture with a friend of mine. (More news on that when it’s … well, more than just talk.)

Researching for hand held UV sanitizer. You would not believe how hard it is to keep all the toys clean to prevent cross pollination of germs! This has been such a hard hard year for sickness in our community. I am also thinking about buying one of those air purifier units that pass the air through a UV beam to kill air-born germs. Those are very expensive though.

Researching for storage containers for the toys… something besides toy boxes that swallow the little toys to the bottom to never be seen again.

Carpet cleaning today in a few hours, so I need to get off the computer in a few minutes to get as much stuff out of the rooms as I can before the professional carpet-cleaning guy comes over. This is to help stay in compliance with my licensing report.

I am so excited! I got invited to a writer’s networking party! I have never been to one before and I am a little nervous about what to expect. Should I bring stuff I have written? Would that be presumptuous? *sigh* I need to call the lady and find out more details when I am not buried in children.

This of course means that I will need to find a sitter on short notice. While that sounds easy enough, no one looks at watching as many kids as I have without thinking about it hard.

*grin* We had pizza again last night after running loops all evening going to tutor’s and piano lessons. Thursdays are always a zoo. But it begs the question… just how many times can you have pizza before a kid rebels? “The world may never know,” to quote a tootsie pop commercial.

Slowly, I am catching up on reviews. I wish it wasn’t taking so long, but I am juggling so much these days that it’s sometimes either; let them wait, or just not participate at all. And I love the writing communities I am part of way too much to stop altogether. I am a glutton for punishment. That’s all I can say.

Well, my kids are moving my living room furniture out into the garage without me… they seem more excited about the carpet guy coming than I do. I need to help supervise and keep them from gouging holes in the walls on their way out.

I will write more later.

Tootles!

1 comment:

Joe said...

writers networking party, that sounds interesting... hope you are successful in, well, networking! God bless you.