Wednesday, February 09, 2005

One of those days

One of those days.

I was supposed to get up really early (before the crack of dawn, 5:30 in the morning, early), and exercise with a friend of mine. She was going to get up, drive over here and work out with me. With the day care that I run, and needing to get my own family up and moving, my mornings are just packed. The only way to get any personal time in is to get up insanely early.

Anyway, I didn’t make it. Here is an excerpt from the e-mail I sent her this morning:

Confession:
I woke up at 6:15 in a flushed panic that left an afterglow of guilt. I set three alarm clocks each with graduated times of "wake up". The one beside me was set for 5am and was designed so that I would be out of the deepest part of sleep, even if I hit the off button by reflex.

The second alarm was the, "Your now out of bed to have to answer this, so you might as well get dressed." Silly me, that alarm was the cell phone, one I haven't tested yet. I still don't know if Bill set it right or what was wrong. I suspect that he had the ringer turned off (vibrate mode) but set the alarm right.

The third alarm was the "It's now 6:15 and she's gone, so you can just go right down stairs and kill yourself with a kitchen knife" alarm. Which is of course, the one that woke me up.

Upon rushing downstairs however, I see (thanks to a light dusting of snow that blankets my neighborhood) that there are no tire tracks, nor footsteps that lead to my door. Could it be? Truly? She didn't make it? Did she oversleep too?

I won’t know the answer to this until she returns the e-mail or I work up the courage to call her and eat humble pie. *sigh*

I wonder how many calories are in humble pie…

No comments: