Wednesday, November 02, 2005

On NaNo and Soothing

TriMo Begins September 1st 2005 / Ends November 31st 2005
13,022/50,000 Words Written


Ritt’s End LLC: Today I got my billing out, that counts.

Church: Base Camp: I need to plan the agenda for the lock in happening this Friday. Maybe this was a bad week to give up caffine? I have the Parent letter created, just waiting on feedback from other leaders, and then I will publish it as a pdf file and also send it out as an e-mail.


Notebored:Well, I have a children’s book / poem I need to give a crit for. It’s so well done I am nearly green with envy. There are only a few verses that need smoothing, but it’s a joy to read. I just need to wipe the green out of my comments and give an objective crit for it.


Current Book(s) I am reading for fun: I just started “Magic Street” by Orson Scott Card. I will let you know more about it when I am done.

Books (s) I am learning from: Shattered Dreams – Larry Crab, A Young Woman after God’s Own Heart – Elizabeth George. (Nearly done with this one, my daughter has been really into it and I’ve treasured the time spent with her.

Oh yeah, my friend Lindsey gave me the book “No Plot? No Problem!” by Chris Baty, the founder of the National Novel Writing Month, affectionately known as “NaNoWriMo.” I am nearly done with that, and the NaNo started a few days ago. I hope that the excitement from that chases me into finishing mine on time!!!!!

Movies(s) I have watched recently: Series of Unfortunate Events. Oh man is it fun!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Today and yesterday I had a full house of kids in the daycare. I love taking care of kids. I love watching them grow and cheering with them as they accomplish those amazing things that happen to them when they are this age. Usually I am able to juggle them and getting some writing in. But not lately. That’s been hard, because I need to let out my creative energy in one form or another. It keeps me sane.

So the pressure is on to fine tune my responsibility juggling to allow for that part of my life and yet still keep the house and our own kids on a stable orbit. The question becomes, can I manage all of this alone when busy season comes? Can I hold all the edges together when Bill is unavailable because of work and I am lonely as all get out? This is where my wilderness is, the dry and empty time when I want to stuff that empty spot with other things. It is the opportunity for my biggest spiritual growth, if I let it. LOL, it isn’t even here yet and already I am stressing over it. Dreading it.

Back to the daycare though, lately I have had a few kids who don’t normally cry, do a lot of it. It is hard to watch them gulp back tears and know that I can’t fix it for them. Only their mommies can. I am so used to being the mommy and being able to sooth and comfort… to find that I can’t do that for them is hard. Mostly, it’s just a phase thing. Each child goes through periods of separation anxiety. It is a healthy kind of pattern in their growth. So, I just do my best to redirect them and offer new things for them to think about and to do.

Naptime is nearly done and I will need to put away mats and change diapers. My own kids are getting off the bus soon too. It’s been a full day with daycare kids but now I need to change gears, frisk kids at the door for their homework, protect the pantry and offer only one after school snack (as opposed to what I affectionately call pantry grazing) and make sure that those who should, are practicing their instruments. Today is Wednesday… so I don’t have to race anyone to the tutor…Yay!

I will leave you to your own Wednesday afternoon routines. Thank you for walking alongside my afternoon with me.

No comments: