Friday, June 06, 2014

You Who Forget God

“Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you: Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”PSALM 50:22-23 NIV

 So many of us humans have mistaken his mercy and patience as involvement.

We have bought into the lie that God has no power or that He really is is the made up version that we created.  We've remade him into a personalized genie to focus on our happiness.... to get us out of trouble or help us with our addictions.

But there will be a reckoning. And every breath we draw - yes, our very life is borrowed from Him.

I urge you to read the word and find out who he really is, and what he came to do.  Let him speak for himself, and then deal with him!  Don't forget him or remake him into something that is less offensive or controversial.


No comments: