Friday, April 13, 2012

Hope and Wait

Prayer Focus: China, PRC

Bible Reading: Psalm 121-125, 128-130

Scripture

If you, Lord, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you. I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. (Psalm 130, 3-5)

Observation

This is one of those verse that I aspire to. One that I can say with conviction with my mouth, because I really do believe it... but my life shows how often I fail at it. Especially the waiting part. Another verse in our reading today comes from Psalm 124, verse 7. It says: "We have escaped like a bird from the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped." I think that I forget in my every day... take it for granted, that I have indeed escaped from the fowlers snare. I go about my busyness of life, the crisis of the moment, the thing that screams the loudest in my ear and attend to that instead of waiting with my whole being for the Lord.

Application

How real is my sin to me? Do I really understand the depth of it; the consequences of it? No. Who could stand up under it? I am guilty of taking Him and what He's done for me for granted. I mouth words of praise and still the battle in my heart rages.

The verse also says "In His Word, I put my hope." In His Word, his promise, his son. My battle is to put my hope THERE, and not on the things I can see, feel, hear and touch... so that I can serve Him instead of my self.

Prayer

Lord, today I will count my blessings, starting with the thankfulness that I have indeed escaped death like a bird from the Fowler. Help me to rise up on wings of eagles. As the song by Chris Tomlin goes, "Hope will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord" I will use this song as it circles in my mind, to recall of all the things you have delivered me from. I will intentionally put my hope in your word.

Amen!

No comments: