Saturday, April 14, 2012

Life, Moving On

It's been a long hiatus in making posts here.  Jess went in for surgery and all the posts I've been making since then are at CarePages, detailing her recovery.  We are far enough past the hospital now that I can think again, have enough energy left over to be creative with it.

The next thing I need to focus on, is Alyssa's graduation party.  I'm so proud of that girl.  She keeps herself pretty busy, and the next few weeks are going to be a blur as she goes through the final steps of high school.  I'll be spending the next couple of weeks pulling pictures together to make one of those picture filled posters, I'll  also set appointments with the family member who will help me with the food.  She does it for a living, so, yeah - you should all be jealous that I have this amazing woman as a resource.  (I'm reluctant to name her without getting her permission first.  But if she says yes, I'll devote a whole post or two to help out with advertising for her.)

The end of this month is the spring play, Willy Wonka.  Today was a set build, Jess got to visit them as we delivered lunch to her sisters.  She'd love to be there, but we have to get her off the pain meds before that happens.  She will work the sound board where the portable mic's feed into from the actors.  Alyssa is playing Mrs. Gloop and Megan is an Oompa Loompa.  I'm really looking forward to it!  If you know me personally, send me an e-mail and I'll give you all the deets about time, place and ticket price.


No comments: