Sunday, December 21, 2014

Deep Calls To Deep

Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.PSALMS 42:7 or
I am so glad that the Holy Spirit within me knows God better than I do. So glad that He can speak to me even when I am confused or hurting, Because He doesn't have to wait for me to understand Him in order to teach and guide me.

1 Cor. 2:10-11 says "These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.  The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.  For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them?  In the same way no one knows the thought of God except the Spirit of God."  I don't always have to have the answers.  

Yet, even though I have access to the infinite God, I am small.  I learn slowly.  I fall down and make mistakes.  I also am willfully disobedient sometimes too.

So I wonder why He bothers with such a frail container for His Holy Spirit to dwell within.

All I really know is that without His mercy and faithfulness, that continually works with me and patiently loves me, I would not be who I am. There is nothing special about me, and left to my own devices and my own resources, I would be a hot mess.  But He has promised to love me and speak to me through the spirit.  He's promised not to abandon me.

He is making me into something new.



No comments: