Friday, November 29, 2013

The Big Reveal



Revelation Chapter 1

Scripture:
Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. (Revelation 1:3)

Observation:
Revelation has always been difficult for me to interpret. And now I find myself in a place where I am asked to take portions of it make comments. I don't pretend to understand all that has been penned in this chapter. However, here's what I do know: however difficult parts of it might be to interpret, God still wants us to know what is going to happen. So, it's important to read it, to understand what we can. The bible says we are blessed for reading it.

Application: As you embark on reading through Revelations with us, I invite you to get hold of a good cross reference bible and read the related passages in their context. Use the reply button to post your questions and comments. Lets do this together!

Prayer: Lord, Thank you for your far-seeing love. I pray that as we look into these scriptures that you would bless our time and our intent to see you. Though there is much that is shrouded in mystery, I ask that your Holy Spirit make up the differences and reveal to us the truth you want us to know. Amen.

No comments: