Friday, April 08, 2005

The appointment is set

The appointment is set

Okay, I did it. I called my doctor and made the appointment. It’s for the 14th. I still think that my troubles are from the caffeine I have been drinking.

You see, caffeine is a diuretic. Diuretics drain your body of potassium. Loss of potassium is what causes the heart galloping. The potassium is the element in your system that conducts the electrical impulses, the electrolytes. Your heart is governed by the electrical impulses that cause it to contract.

(This is of course based on what I have read, and not from what a doctor has told me.)


But a very dear friend of mine demanded that I “verify” that that was the case.

My husband ratted me out to his co-worker and my good friend, and she also asked if I’d set the appointment. So… there you have it. I am glad I said something, because my first inclination was to not say anything at all. Partly out of fear of what they’d say, partly out of dread of the doctor visits and tests that they’d run. I feel my heart squeezing even now at the thought of the cost.

If I had figured out what my problem was, and weaned myself off the caffeine before I had mentioned it to Bill (or here in my blog) then I would have avoided this whole thing.

Ah well. One day at a time and all that. I won’t go shopping for tomorrows worries. The ones that live in “today” are plenty to keep me stressed.




On to other things, I have two flash challenges I am going to try to submit for today (flash being that you are given a topic or a prompt and then you spend an hour or so writing a short story – Fun!).

They will have to wait for naptime though. Spring break means my own kids are here and the daycare kids. Too many interruptions to be productive, plus, a gal has to have her priorities in the right spot… play after the responsibilities are done.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I hope everything is ok. Joe

Deanna said...

Joe, thanks for following up.

The Doc said that I have a sensitive Autonomic Nervous System. It just means that I react strongly to stress, and I needed to address it.

Busy season is over, so that helps quite a bit!

The rest, is learning how to say "no" to extra stuff and making sure I am staying active to help burn that stress off.

Joe said...

Glad to hear it, God bless you.