Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Voice Of The Lord

The voice of the Lord is powerful, The voice of the Lord is majestic.PSALMS 29:4 NASB

Okay, my brain is weird. This whole psalm is about the Voice of the Lord... the spoken word, the Word that is voiced and with it creation came into being.

So if God is the spoken Word... and if the bible calls Jesus the Word made flesh... then does that make the Holy Spirit the Words unspoken? Is the Holy Spirit that part of divine communication that proceeds the Word before it is spoken, written, or manifested in action? The written word we carry around and memorize was inspired by the Spirit, one intellect, guiding such a diverse collection of individuals...

I don't even know where I am going with this, chewing it out loud I suppose, but it gives me clarity when I think of the Holy Spirit as the one who stands between the idea or inspiration of the thing to say, and the formation of the word that crafts and shapes it.

Not surprisingly that is also where temptation, guilt and fears reside too.

I am so grateful for a loving God who sent one who can help us battle the internal demons as well as the ones who stalk us from the outside.

No comments: