Monday, August 18, 2014

Hate Evil Psalms 97:8-10

Zion heard this and was glad, And the daughters of Judah have rejoiced Because of Your judgments, O Lord.For You are the Lord Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods.Hate evil, you who love the Lord, Who preserves the souls of His godly ones; He delivers them from the hand of the wicked.PSALMS 97:8-10 NASB

 There is a theme ringing through Psalms 97 and 98 and reflected again in the first part of Proverbs 31 about God's Righteousness and His judgments. In both cases all people's and even creation is happy to see it come. God's judgment is something to rest in and long for. They rejoiced in it.

Judgments made by anyone in today's culture are not received that way and I wonder if it's a lack of trust in Him... or that the Enemy has taken the gift of discernment between right and wrong and made it suspect ...  I mean, does this politically correct culture really hate evil?

Likely it's both and many more things I haven't looked at from this angle long enough to see yet.

 Lord, teach me to trust you more. Give me a discerning heart that can see your truth from the lie of the enemy. Help me make right judgments and the courage to quietly stand on them even if I do it alone. Amen


No comments: