Friday, February 24, 2012

What's the Matter?

Yesterday we went to the neurologist to find out what was the matter with the episodes of the twitches she's been having.  They performed the physical neurological tests that reminded me of what the cops used to do when they caught a drunk driver before the breathalyzer was available.  When I said what I was thinking out loud, the doctor smiled at me and told me that they were in fact performing the same tests to see if someone were impaired.  The physical test went very well, and we were relieved.  To rule out other scary things and to be sure, they sent us to have an EEG done and told us that they would also schedule an MRI as soon as possible.  We left the hospital thinking that things were good.
Then later in the evening, the doctor called us at home to tell us that the EEG showed signs of her having seizures.  He told us that someone would call to set up an appointment for Jess to come in for a six hour version of the EEG in order to get a better idea of what was going on, and the MRI would be put on hold for now. 

This hit hard.  It means that the twitches weren't a symptom of the scoliosis.  This is part of yet another condition she has.  Jess is feeling like she has a target on her back.  And she spent yesterday grieving all that.

This morning, she woke up deciding to record every twitch she has so that she is armed with better information for them.  She's taking what control she can, and I'm taking that as a good sign. 

I just got the call for the new appointment for the six hour EEG, and next Friday she and I will spend 9:00 to 3:00 in their company.

We are still numb.  We don't even know the right questions to ask at this point.  Please pray for us?  I don't even know how to specifically direct the prayers, or what exactly I'm asking for.  I just know that we need prayer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your prayers.  Our prayers matter, because WE matter to God. 

3 comments:

Tom Gibson said...

Deana,

I was afraid something else was going on..... You know we are all praying for all of you. Give Jess a hug from us.

Love tom Nancy and family

Ashley Siller said...

We are praying for you!! Brandon has seizures too, I know it is so scary :( Hope everything goes well for Jess next week and we will continue to pray :)

Hello said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers if there is anything I can do to help you please let me know !.
Love, Uncle Roger