Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Present and a Commitment

TriMo Begins September 1st 2005 / Ends November 31st 2005
1,590/50,000 Words Written

Things to do today (yeah right… I know it won’t all get done.)


Home: Sort through my inbox (always!) This weekend we will be doing fall cleanup. Cleaning out closets, switching from summer to winter clothes, taking down the pool, that sort of thing.

Ritt’s End LLC: I have the new license application on hand. So I will be filling in all those blanks, plus I have a huge check to write to the Red Cross for Steve and Janet’s CPR and First Aid course, my yearly CPR refresher class and my daughters Babysitter’s course (where she too will gain her CPR and First Aid certification along with things geared toward caring for kids.

Church: Base Camp (evening meetings): FirstWork needs to be compiled on Monday/Tuesday and it would be good to finish the outline for the first several weeks in our “Extreme Faith” unit. Mostly, we will be talking about the drastic ways in which the world is from the way Christ leads us to be. Let me apologize now, much of what I sort through for creating this curriculum will spill out here in my journal. I never was very good with chewing with my mouth closed.

Notebored: The weekend is the time to read, crit and vote for the Wednesday challenge on the NoteBored, and the writing period for Liberty Hall’s 90 minute flash happens during the weekend too. Check out his site at www.munsil.net to see if you have what it takes to write a story in 90 minutes!


Current Book(s) I am reading for fun: I finished Drums of Autumn and am on to the next in the series, The Fiery Cross, by Diana Gabaldon.

Books (s) I am learning from: Shattered Dreams – Larry Crab, A Young Woman after God’s Own Heart – Elizabeth George. Oh yeah, my friend Lindsey gave me the book “No Plot? No Problem!” by Chris Baty, the founder of the National Novel Writing Month, affectionately known as “NaNoWriMo.” I am one chapter into that.

Movies(s) I have rented or bought: Hmmm, nothing new recently.

Sunday, September 04, 2005
A Present and a Commitment

I am so excited! Not only did I get a book from my friend Lindsey in the mail, but another friend, Karen, gave me a book of poems that she wrote. I will be returning it, as it’s the only copy she has, but I am so very thrilled at being able to read it.

Poetry is such a personal thing, a view into the soul. This book, in many ways is the distillation of her life, the footsteps of her past. There fore, I am deeply honored. If you want to get to know her, she has just started a blog of her own and here is her url: http://spaces.msn.com/members/awritersramblings/ I highly recommend getting to know her. Granted, her blog is new, but this lady has good things to say.


On other news, I made a commitment to ride in next years DALMAC with Bill and a handful of other people. It’s exciting to know that I will be in training next year to do this bigger-than-life thing that I might never have done on my own. I am looking forward to the training, but slightly afraid of going. The route is here on this map. (I am taking the shorter, green route which is 277 miles.)

So, by this time next year I will be going on this long bike ride and hopefully in better shape than I have been in since I started having babies. Today I am excited about it. Will someone please remind me that I am supposed to be excited when I begin the training rides and my butt is saddle sore? Remind me how I am on my way to having a lean body when my muscles cramp? *grin* To be honest, I am thrilled at the idea of having hubbie to myself with no kids and wind in my hair for four days. I have always supported him in biking and encouraged him to go on the DALMAC in 2003, which he did. This will be as good for him as it will be for me.

1 comment:

cary said...

(while pedaling): i AM having fun ... i AM having fun ... i AM having fun...