Friday, August 19, 2005

A Day in My Life

Have you ever felt like the world was moving too fast for you to keep up? I have so many things circling out there in a nebulous loop around my head that I just can’t get them to sit still long enough to prioritize.

School is starting soon. The hardest thing for me here is that I must fight my own dislike of structure and schedules and begin waking up much earlier to get the rest of my family moving. During the summer, the daycare kids come later and I wake up when ever Bill is stumbling into the shower. Now, I must start the day running and much earlier than this night owl likes to get up. Crazy as it sounds – this intangible element is harder for me to adjust to than the frisking at the door for backpacks and the routine of doing homework.

Base Camp (The Jr. high morning Sunday school and evening meetings) Here is where I am really worried. We lost two of our volunteer helpers. This leaves Bill and I as the only ones working with the middle school youth. Bill, is a tax man and is unavailable from Jan. thru April. Can I keep the youthgroup, Daycare and home routine going alone? I remember how stressed I was last year. I really need another person who is detail oriented to help with the event details. I can do the teaching. I am passionate about communicating Christ to these kids. I am smitten with them and with the age group, nothing is more satisfying to me than sharing the life changing work of Christ. But to be very honest, I stink at details. I need help in hammering out fun events. Please pray that God would rise up someone to meet this need.

Ritt’s End (My Daycare business)

The NoteBored (Peer Review Writing Workshop) We are growing! My laid back approach to most things work in a one on one environment. It’s not so good when dealing with nearly 100 members. So we are discussing ways in which to organize and structure the growth. I have a few new moderators and I hope that the level of administration needed will not overburden them or me.

In the meantime, I am also:

Collaborating with a friend to write a longer story, each using the others strengths to build a better story and learn from each other. We’ve spent a great deal of time establishing the world building, basic plot and characters. We will soon begin the writing and it will coincide with the NoteBored’s version of the National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo. The NoteBored group will be starting their novels in September and finish alongside NaNoWriMo contestants in November. We are calling it NoteBored’s “TriMo”, and it’s the first one we are attempting.

There is still the endless loop for taking my daughters to tutoring twice a week. Remind me sometime to share with you all what I have learned about dyslexia.

I am also drawing up designs and gathering ideas for a revamp on my website.

I am toying around with starting my own web e-zine, called the Writers Hideout, and tying it in with a marketing idea that has a print version component that is unique in approach. I might talk about that in another entry sometime, but I am still doing the research on copy write protection and the legal ramifications of this venture. Okay, I am also waiting for my self-confidence to catch up with my bold imagination. I’ve had a friend try to kick me into gear after I spilled this grand idea, and so far I sit safely in the shadows.

My head is spinning

One thing I know: no matter how thin I spread myself, I would rather do this, be growing, than sit in front of the TV, and feel myself slowly rot.

There is a day in my life. Spitting it out here has helped me to hold it still long enough to look at it all at once. Thanks for letting me bend your ear.

No comments: