Monday, May 16, 2005

A little grace

You know how sometimes things can take a serious turn in a person’s life? Sometimes those things just aught not be posted on a public board – and so I don’t, but this “thing” has been going on in my family that’s caused me to turn inward for a while.

In the broadest possible terms, the result has been that my son has moved out to live with his dad. It’s been a turbulent and very emotional time, and so I have been quiet here on the net. I feel though, that rather than trying to go on as if nothing has happened, I should let you all know that I am not on top of things like I normally am.

I am still here, just distracted. So please give me a little grace in the next few weeks while things settle into a normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you, Dea. Take some time to sort things out.

I have been impressed by the kind wishes from strangers I've seen in the blogosphere. So if you ever need to think aloud, so to speak, I'm sure you might get a kernal of wisdom or a sympathetic ear.

Take care;

JK

Joe said...

Dea,

A few years ago, I heard a lecture by a christian apologist and there was something he said that has stuck with me over the years.

"Because of what I do know about God, I can trust in him for the things I don't know..."

The original context to which this was spoken was quite particular, but I have found this to apply to so many areas in my own life, including times of trial, where the outcome or the reasons are uncertain...

I will be praying for you - Joe

Anonymous said...

I'm a mom...I can't and don't want to be able to imagine how you feel. Just know that you have yet another person praying for you.

And thanks for the forum. I'm a newbie writer and will be heading there next...

Janet